Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by "anthony_web@tiscali.fr" <an...@tiscali.fr> on 2003/05/27 10:30:03 UTC

[juddi-Users] Problem with datastore

I try to use jUDDI to make my own UDDI and I have a problem.
When I want to make a registry in my database This message appear on Tomcat:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.juddi.datastore.jdbc.JDBCDataStoreFactory.aquireDataStore(JDBCDataStoreFactory.java:91)
	at org.juddi.registry.function.GetBusinessDetailFunction.execute(GetBusinessDetailFunction.java:54)
	at org.juddi.registry.Registry.execute(Registry.java:191)
	at org.juddi.registry.Registry.get_businessDetail(Registry.java:318)

If you have already encountered this problem. Can you help me to resolve it.

Thank you for advance.
A new user of jUDDI.

********** SPECIAL ADSL **********
L'ADSL à partir de 15,95 EUR/mois et le modem ADSL offert ?  C'est en exclusivité chez Tiscali !
Pour profiter de cette offre, cliquez ici: http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre soumise à conditions.

Re: [juddi-Users] Problem with datastore

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
jUDDI expects a configured datasource named juddiDB to be available.
AFAIK, you have to configure JNDI to locate this datasource. take a look at
org.juddi.datastore.jdbc.JDBCDataStoreFactory.DataSource. this lists the
string :

java:comp/env/jdbc/juddiDB

this datasource must actually point to something. jUDDI will happily
load even if this isn't configured properly. when you attempt to access
the database, you'll get this sort of error, since it doesn't exist.

it's also possible you've configured your war/ear properly, but the
database itself isn't running. are you sure the database is running and
accepting connections?  what database are you using? are you using an
application server?

cheers,
andy