Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2009/07/01 14:41:55 UTC

Sanselan Graduation

Hi,

finally we have passed all votes successfully to graduate Sanselan to
commons. Thanks for everyone helping!

So, what are the next steps?
As mailing list etc is already in place, I guess we just have to move
the svn and website and then close the sanselan incubator stuff, right?

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Phil Steitz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, as a first step, I moved the svn :)
>>>

>> What about the sanselan committers? Are they already commons committers?
>> (I know that I'm one...)
>> Do they get voted in if not?
>>
> Yes, we voted the active committers in.  All should have Karma.  Welcome
> to Commons!

Thanks :)

Carsten

> Phil
>> Regards
>> Carsten
>>
>>> Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Carsten Ziegeler<cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Carsten Ziegeler<cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Ok, as a first step, I moved the svn :)
>>
>> I've moved the m2 build to use the commons-parent pom and generated
>> and uploaded the site, should appear after the next sync here:
>>
>> http://commons.apache.org/sanselan/
>>
> Thanks Niall.
>
> So far we used confluence to manage our site
> (http://incubator.apache.org/sanselan)
>
> How can/should we integrate that into the website?

Don' t know haven't used confluence, and you'll be the first in
commons. For now theres a "Documentation" link on the maven generated
site to sanselan's confluence page - but I guess you'll be leading the
way on this.

Niall

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Charles Matthew Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
   This looks great.

http://commons.apache.org/sanselan/

Thanks,
   Charles Matthew

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Charles Matthew Chen
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
>   That's right - we're going to use the Commons website as the
> official documentation going forward.
>
>   However, the old confluence wiki is still up: its going to fall out
> of date; I'd like to update it to point to the new site.
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/SANSELAN/
>
> http://commons.apache.org/sanselan/

<snip/>

Makes sense. Theres probably a cwiki admin or two on this list, but if
you don't get a response here then ping infra and you should be
pointed in the right direction.

>   Also - to ask a stupid question - how does the one update the maven site?

<snap/>

You're probably aware of some of this, but for completeness:

 * Here is the source to the site:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/sanselan/trunk/src/site/xdoc/

 * Here is the mini-guide to maven sites:

  http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-site.html

 * Here is the maven site plugin info:

  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/

 * Specifically, see "Deploying a Site" section in usage guide
(deploying will place files on people, these will rsync and go live in
about a couple of hours thereafter):

  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/usage.html

Please ask if there are any further specific questions about updating
Commons sites.

-Rahul

> Matthew
>

> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Charles Matthew Chen
>> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>   I'm trying to update the Sanselan confluence wiki - my login
>>> doesn't seem to work.  Who is the best person to talk to about this?
>>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>> Not sure, rest of Commons doesn't use confluence (we use Moin).
>>
>> Can you clarify -- niallp converted much of the cwiki content into the
>> website [1] and earlier in this thread it seemed like everyone
>> (importantly, you and cziegeler) was OK using the maven site as the
>> basis for (official) documentation going forward. Did anything change?
>>
>> -Rahul
>>
>> [1] http://commons.apache.org/sanselan/

<snip/>

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Charles Matthew Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rahul,

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Charles Matthew Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:57 AM, Carsten Ziegeler<cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
<snip/>

>> One option is to port it to xdoc and use maven to generate it - which
>> is what the rest of the components do. I've done this from the
>> Confluence content and it should be available to see after the next
>> sync. If you want to stick with Confluence, then feel free to dump
>> what I've done - just wanted to provide it as an alternative option.
>>
> Wow :)
>
> Ok, actually I don't care that much if we use Confluence or not - at the
> time it seems to be the easiest solution for Sanselan when it hit the
> incubator; given that no other project here at commons is using
> Confluence it seems to be more appropriate to me to do what other
> projects are doing here.
<snap/>

I'd say so too, thanks.

-Rahul

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ok, so for moving the code, what directory name should we use?

As with all things commons,  just imitate the other components ;)

We decided to accept sanselan into commons proper, so the correct svn
url for the trunk should be

Re: Sanselan Graduation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Henri Yandell wrote:
> Off the top of my head:
>
> Wiki? JIRA rename/category change? Closing of old mailing list?
> Updating Incubator page to indicate graduation?
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Carsten Ziegeler<cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> finally we have passed all votes successfully to graduate Sanselan to
>> commons. Thanks for everyone helping!
>>
>> So, what are the next steps?
>> As mailing list etc is already in place, I guess we just have to move
>> the svn and website and then close the sanselan incubator stuff, right?
>>
>> Regards
>> Carsten
>> --
>> Carsten Ziegeler