Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Wang, Song B" <So...@financial.wellsfargo.com> on 2005/05/26 22:31:35 UTC

Has anybody got a chance?

Hello all,

Has anybody got a chance to compare Velocity with traditional JSP? In terms
of performance? Any tradeoff out there? Thanks a lot for your input. Thx.

Song Wang
Web Developer
Wells Fargo Financial Information Services
Phone: (416) 382-5300 ext. 3367
Email: SongWang@financial.wellsfargo.com
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or
any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Has anybody got a chance?

Posted by Barbara Baughman <ba...@utdallas.edu>.
I would add that it is infinitely easier to maintain.  Even as a
programmer who does both the programming and design on some
applications, it is easier to find and fix the applicable code when it
isn't hidden in a lot of templates.  If it's just a fix to the
presentation, I can change the template without worrying about messing
up base programming code.  As someone who has maintained both kinds of
applications, it's no contest.  Velocity wins.

Barbara Baughman
X2157

Re: Has anybody got a chance?

Posted by Jason Pettiss <ja...@CatalisHealth.com>.