Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com> on 2014/07/30 11:56:40 UTC

Simulator on master is not building

I believe for every check-in we decided to run sanity tests on simulator atleast, currently build for simulator is failing.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project cloud-plugin-hypervisor-simulator: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/santhosh/softwares/cs_new_master/cloudstack/plugins/hypervisors/simulator/src/com/cloud/resource/AgentRoutingResource.java:[230,8] error: 'try' without 'catch', 'finally' or resource declarations
[ERROR] /home/santhosh/softwares/cs_new_master/cloudstack/plugins/hypervisors/simulator/src/com/cloud/resource/AgentRoutingResource.java:[251,8] error: 'try' without 'catch', 'finally' or resource declarations

Thanks!
Santhosh

RE: Simulator on master is not building

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
I just logged a bug for the same.

Santhosh

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
This is cool.

Santhosh
Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
On 31 jul. 2014, at 12:44, Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2014, at 4:27 AM, Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl> wrote:
>
>> Heya,
>>
>> I’m setting up a separate build (build-master-simulator) to test the build process of the simulator. At least we’ll be notified if any failures occur in the build next time. I don’t think it should be included in the regular build, it’s not something we would like to ship to end-users right?
>>

> Actually, I would love a simulator package: cloudstack-simulator.

Thats less easy than it sounds. Shipping the simulator jar in an rpm is simple enough, but making it useable after installing the rpms requires database scripts to be run. But something to think about, it could be done.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 31, 2014, at 4:27 AM, Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl> wrote:

> Heya,
>
> I’m setting up a separate build (build-master-simulator) to test the build process of the simulator. At least we’ll be notified if any failures occur in the build next time. I don’t think it should be included in the regular build, it’s not something we would like to ship to end-users right?

Actually, I would love a simulator package: cloudstack-simulator.

> Cheers,
>
> Hugo
>
> On 31 jul. 2014, at 06:54, Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Simulator can be included in the default build but it needs to be tested whether simulator plugin can coexist with actual HV plugins in the same MS without any issues. Right now there is an issue which prevents it, refer to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6623. Once this is fixed it needs to be tested again.
>>
>> Also there needs to be a consensus to include it in default profile.

>>> r

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
Heya,

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.
There is a separate simulator DB where all these VOs are used. These are only used in the 'Simulator' resource layer and are not part of core CS logic. Also I have written a sample test for new vmsync (test/integration/smoke/test_vm_sync.py). Please check it out and let me know if there are any issues.

-Koushik

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.
I see, thanks for explanation.

Anthony

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
If we build simulator by default, it may add to the build time, and there is a potential people forgetting to exclude some times.

Santhosh

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
AS well, the way we build simulator for deploying its db is different , all packaging scripts needs to be changed and a potential testing involved .

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.