Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Greg Hanowski <gr...@enventive.com> on 2019/03/18 21:40:38 UTC

Can pdfbox find a dimension in a pdf drawing, zoom up on it, highlight it, and create an image file?

We get pdf engineering drawings from suppliers.  We need to
programmatically zoom up on a specified dimension, highlight it, and
create an image file of the zoomed up view.  How to specify the
dimension is unknown.  Some dimensions might have the same text so not
sure how to differentiate.  Suggestions welcome.  Can pdfbox do this?

Re: Can pdfbox find a dimension in a pdf drawing, zoom up on it, highlight it, and create an image file?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Yes it might be possible but this would be a real development. One would
first have to search by a word, then get the position. To get the
position, see the PrintTextLocations.java example, or the
DrawPrintTextLocations.java example.

Then one would have to create a viewer who can do zoom on a point (try
PDFDebugger) and show a part from an image (or we could create a
temporary cropbox and render that one only). However the rendering with
PDFBox is not very fast, so zooming would not work as smoothly as with
Adobe.

So it might be possible, but not out of the box.

Tilman

Posted by Greg Hanowski <gr...@enventive.com>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Greg Hanowski <gr...@enventive.com>.