Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "John Shen (weifensh)" <we...@cisco.com> on 2017/04/14 06:04:25 UTC

Multiple custom access log files for ATS

Currently TO supports only one custom access log file by configuring the "LogFormat" and "LogObject" parameters for "logs_xml.config". We have a requirement to support multiple custom access log files. As ATS does support this, we are planning to extend "LogFormat"&"LogObject" on TO, and add extra 9 groups (9 should be enough) of parameters like: "LogFormat1"&"LogObject1", "LogFormat2"&"LogObject2" ... "LogFormat9"&"LogObject9". Only when "LogFormatN"&"LogObjectN" are configured, they will appear in "logs_xml.config"; otherwise the file does not change, so the current behavior does not change either. Any comment for this plan?

Thanks,
John

Re: Multiple custom access log files for ATS

Posted by "John Shen (weifensh)" <we...@cisco.com>.
Thanks Jan!

Best regards,
John

On 14/04/2017, 10:25 PM, "Jan van Doorn" <jv...@knutsel.com> wrote:

    I don’t see an issue, provided you make it backwards compatible, and it looks like you are.

    Rgds,
    JvD

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.