Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kevin D. Van Der Hart" <kv...@vermeermfg.com> on 2006/01/03 17:45:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_proxy definitions taking precedence over mod-rewrite rules (Again)

I sent this message once but received no responses and have not been
able to resolve the problem. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

I am running Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris. I have some mod-rewrite rules
that had been working properly that make changes to URLs that also would
be valid under some mod_proxy settings on a specific name based virtual
host. Mod_rewrite is compiled into httpd and mod_proxy is loaded as a
DSO. I upgraded the Solaris OS from 8 to 10 and now the proxy rules are
taking priority over the mod_rewrite rules and my rewrites are failing.
I have some rewrite rules that don't conflict with mod_proxy rules and
they work as expected so I know both modules are loaded and working
properly. With Apache 1.X I specifically loaded modules in a set order
so mod_rewrite would have precedence over mod_proxy. Can this be done
with Apache 2.0? I tried recompiling Apache on the new OS but that had
no effect.

Thanks.

Kevin