Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2003/08/01 17:15:22 UTC

[Attributes] Any plans for name value pairs?

I looked at the Commons-Attributes sandbox web pages, and noticed
that the only style of JavaDoc tag that it recognized and parsed
was much like the @author tags.  For example:

@author Berin Loritsch
@NewAttribute Foo
@MyDescription I feel like a tomato today.

I have a need for something to work with name value pairs.  SOmething
more like this:

@marker.tag name="value" another="foo"

QDox can parse them, but I would like a standard library to create
attributes kept with the files which QDox doesn't do out of the
box.

Is there any plan to support this style of attribute?