Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Dileepa Jayakody <dj...@zaizi.com> on 2016/02/11 12:13:27 UTC

Ingestion of multimedia files in manifoldcf

Hi All,

We are planning to integrate MICO : Media In Context
<http://www.mico-project.eu/> , as a mcf transformation connector to
perform cross media analysis as part of enterprise cross media search in
our project.

The connector may require to send multimedia files to a MICO endpoint and
retrieve semantic metadata. These files could be images, videos, audios and
text files from different content repositories.

Can we please know how feasible it is to ingest large multimedia files
using ManifoldCF?

Thanks,
Dileepa

--

------------------------------
This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number
6440931. The Registered Office is Brook House, 229 Shepherds Bush Road,
London W6 7AN.

Re: Ingestion of multimedia files in manifoldcf

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dileepa,

MCF is generally able to deal with large files, provided the connectors
being used are implemented consistently with the principle of "bounded
memory".  However, some connectors and/or some operating modes are not
capable of good behavior.  An example is the non-extracting Solr output
connector, where the SolrJ library requires that all pre-extracted content
fit in memory in order to be indexed.

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.