Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2012/08/22 11:37:25 UTC

AMQP 1.0 (was Re: Java example Hello.java throws NPE)

On 08/21/2012 10:21 PM, Roger wrote:
> We are using rabbitmq which is using 0-9. Don't know if it will ever move to
> 0-10 - some differences of opinion on AMQP front.

Yes, the AMQP ride has had its share of bumps. However 1.0 is now out
(and shortly to be approved as an OASIS standard), and I am hopeful that
this will help achieve the vision AMQP set out with.

For example, the upcoming 0.18 release contains AMQP 1.0 support in the
java broker and the JMS client (support from other components will
hopefully be ready for the subsequent release).

Further, both the JMS client and the broker have been tested extensively
against SwitfMQ which also supports AMQP 1.0. Full JMS compliance is now
available regardless of which mix of components from these two products
you use. This is a first for AMQP (and I believe for any wire protocol)
and is I think a promising sign for the future.