Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by biggie_mac <va...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/04 15:28:25 UTC

Cocoon/Hippo get external xml

I want to get some data from an xml using <xsl:value-of
select="document(file.xml)/parent/..etc"> The only problem is that my xml
files are in
C:\hippo-repository-1.2.10\slide\content\files\default.preview...etc and my
page.xsl is in C:/site

So in order of document(file.xml) to work, the xml and xsl should be in the
same folder and they are not

I found a way arounf but I don't think it's such a good thing, plus it looks
complicated

so instead of having a variable <xsl:variable
select="document(file.xml)/parent.., I created a pipeline that selects that
particular xml document and I now have something like
<xsl:variable name=a><xsl:apply-templates
select=thepipeline/></xsl:variable>
and somewhere in the lower part of the page.xsl I have defined a template
which get's the value I want. I don't know if anyone understood. Anyone
knows an easier way to get values from an external document? 10 in advance

Re: Cocoon/Hippo get external xml

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi,

I'm afraid you're sending this to the wrong list. Since this is a Hippo
CMS specific question I guess it's best to send it to the Hippo list.
See [1] for the correct lists. Since Hippo is using Cocoon there will be
several ways of solving this, but let's take it to the correct list and
handle it there.

http://www.hippocms.org/display/CMS/Mailing+Lists

Kind regards,

Jeroen Reijn