Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Kevin <fo...@kegcl.demon.co.uk> on 2005/10/08 18:56:12 UTC

Hi,

I've been implementing a theme (alternative css) switching idea which
appeared to work ok. I have done this before but not with Forrest.

I've used <forrest:css ...> to define my style sheets and wrote a
simple <forrest:template ...  name="styleswitch" head="true"> to put
my javascript in page head.

So, logically in my fv file:

<forrest:css ...>

is before my javascript

<forrest:contract name="styleswitch"/>

Unfortunately, for me :) the included javascript is placed before
included css in the generated pages. Is it possible to change this
behaviour to have css first as defined in the view file?

Thanks.

Kevin

Re: Problems using old views.

Posted by Kevin <fo...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>.
On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 19:22 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Grr, I think it is:
>
> <view-internal>@forrest.home@/build/plugins/@project.view.internal.plugin@</view-internal>
>
> <view-themes>@forrest.home@/build/plugins/@project.theme.plugin@/resources/views</view-themes>
>
> of the forrestcore.xconf
>
> I think someone changed @project.theme.plugin@ to the new plugins. Just
> try in your forrest.properties:
> project.view.internal.plugin=org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
> project.theme.plugin=org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view

Thanks Thorsten for the fast reply and fix / workaround.

To recap building v1 views / forrest seed:

$FORREST_HOME/etc/views-old.sh

forrest.properties:
project.skin=leather-dev
project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,
org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls,
org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml,
org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view

project.view.internal.plugin=org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
project.theme.plugin=org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view

Thanks again. I hope your ISP comes back soon. I'll not complain about
slow which is much better than stop!

Kevin.

Re: Problems using old views.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
Grr, I think it is:

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Problems using old views.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El vie, 14-10-2005 a las 10:07 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Kevin escribi??:
> > >
> > > I know old views aren't really supported so no need for a jira. I
> > > just hope I can get back to an old working version in core and old
> > > view plugins. Thanks.
> >
> > Jupp, will do everything to help you there. Views v1 *are* and will be
> > supported! V2 not yet. ;-)
>
> Ah, "supported" is too strong a word.
>
> These things are in the whiteboard, and that place
> is designated: "Use at your own risk. This stuff
> will change rapidly and might even be abandoned."

jeje, yes, but views v1 are in production on some sites and I personally
feel a wee bit responsible to give decent help that this production
sites will be able to use v1 for now. We need to build trust in views if
we want that they have success. ;-)

Anyway David is right everything in the whiteboard is dev stuff. You
will not have the same support like for the rest of forrest.

Actually v1 I consider a stable *prototype*, but it suffers from a
couple of known issues (like performance, ...).

v2 is trying to overcome this problems but they will not be usable till
the jxpath bug is solved. v2 is *only* for people that want to have a
*preview* of new features that are coming in the next stable version.

v2 made some important changes till now that will force user to update
their *.fv. That means that some v1 contracts are different in v2.

Re: Problems using old views.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Kevin escribi??:
> >
> > I know old views aren't really supported so no need for a jira. I
> > just hope I can get back to an old working version in core and old
> > view plugins. Thanks.
>
> Jupp, will do everything to help you there. Views v1 *are* and will be
> supported! V2 not yet. ;-)

Ah, "supported" is too strong a word.

These things are in the whiteboard, and that place
is designated: "Use at your own risk. This stuff
will change rapidly and might even be abandoned."

-David

Re: Problems using old views.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Problems using old views.

Re: Views: before

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El lun, 10-10-2005 a las 18:09 +0100, Kevin escribió:
> > > Unfortunately, for me :) the included javascript is placed before
> > > included css in the generated pages. Is it possible to change this
> > > behaviour to have css first as defined in the view file?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > Yes, I will change it. Thanks.
>
> Thanks Thorsten

done: Commit de la revisión 312914.

Sorry, that it took so long ATM I am not having internet at home and
hardly turn on my computers. ;-)

Thanks for that report, Kevin!

salu2

Re: Views: before

Posted by Kevin <fo...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>.
On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 10:30 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El sáb, 08-10-2005 a las 17:56 +0100, Kevin escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been implementing a theme (alternative css) switching idea which
> > appeared to work ok. I have done this before but not with Forrest.
> >

> :) Nice to hear, sounds cool.
>
> > I've used <forrest:css ...> to define my style sheets and wrote a
> > simple <forrest:template ...  name="styleswitch" head="true"> to put
> > my javascript in page head.
> >
> > So, logically in my fv file:
> >
> > <forrest:css ...>
> >
> > is before my javascript
> >
> > <forrest:contract name="styleswitch"/>
> >

> You mean your fv is like:
> <forrest:css ...>
> <forrest:contract name="styleswitch"/>

Yes

> > Unfortunately, for me :) the included javascript is placed before
> > included css in the generated pages. Is it possible to change this
> > behaviour to have css first as defined in the view file?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Yes, I will change it. Thanks.

Thanks Thorsten

Re: Views: before

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El sáb, 08-10-2005 a las 17:56 +0100, Kevin escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I've been implementing a theme (alternative css) switching idea which
> appeared to work ok. I have done this before but not with Forrest.

:) Nice to hear, sounds cool.

> I've used <forrest:css ...> to define my style sheets and wrote a
> simple <forrest:template ...  name="styleswitch" head="true"> to put
> my javascript in page head.
>
> So, logically in my fv file:
>
> <forrest:css ...>
>
> is before my javascript
>
> <forrest:contract name="styleswitch"/>

You mean your fv is like:
<forrest:css ...>
<forrest:contract name="styleswitch"/>

> Unfortunately, for me :) the included javascript is placed before
> included css in the generated pages. Is it possible to change this
> behaviour to have css first as defined in the view file?
>
> Thanks.

Yes, I will change it. Thanks.

salu2