Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Benjamin Adams <ba...@ambrosiasw.com> on 2006/04/03 20:58:19 UTC

[users@httpd] rotatelogs clean up

Apache 1.3.33
I have:
         ErrorLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
sites/domain.com/error_log.%Y%m%d" 86400'
         CustomLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
sites/domain.com/access_log.%Y%m%d" 86400' combined

in my conf so logs are created daily.
If I want them cleaned up weekly how would I do that?
Ben

Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean up

Posted by jtkc <th...@yahoo.com>.
That looks like a useful program, but it doesn't look like it supports AIX
5.1.  I'm leaning more towards the solution that GKapitany suggested.  Seems
simple enough.  Thanks to both of you for your suggestions!

JT

Michael McGlothlin-2 wrote:

> Does LogRotate not work?
>
> http://kavlon.org/index.php/logrotate
>> Hey Ben,
>>
>> Did you ever come up with an answer to your question below?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JT
>>

>> Benjamin Adams wrote:
>>
>>> Apache 1.3.33
>>> I have:
>>>          ErrorLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
>>> sites/domain.com/error_log.%Y%m%d" 86400'
>>>          CustomLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
>>> sites/domain.com/access_log.%Y%m%d" 86400' combined
>>>
>>> in my conf so logs are created daily.
>>> If I want them cleaned up weekly how would I do that?
>>> Ben

Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean up

Posted by GK...@symcor.com.
sorry, you're right.

             Michael
             McGlothlin
             <michaelm@swplumb                                          To
             .com>                     users@httpd.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             14/11/2007 11:33
                                       Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean
                                       up
             Please respond to
             users@httpd.apach
                   e.org

Not true. You just need to be able to read/write the log files. If you
have things perm'd right it shouldn't be an issue. The link I provided
explains running logrotate without root access.
--
Michael McGlothlin
Southwest Plumbing Supply

Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean up

Posted by Michael McGlothlin <mi...@swplumb.com>.
Not true. You just need to be able to read/write the log files. If you
have things perm'd right it shouldn't be an issue. The link I provided
explains running logrotate without root access.
> For logrotate, you need root access to setup....
--
Michael McGlothlin
Southwest Plumbing Supply

Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean up

Posted by GK...@symcor.com.
For logrotate, you need root access to setup....

             Michael
             McGlothlin
             <michaelm@swplumb                                          To
             .com>                     users@httpd.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             14/11/2007 11:19
                                       Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean
                                       up
             Please respond to
             users@httpd.apach
                   e.org

Does LogRotate not work?

http://kavlon.org/index.php/logrotate
> Hey Ben,
>
> Did you ever come up with an answer to your question below?
>
> Thanks,
> JT
>

> Benjamin Adams wrote:
>
>> Apache 1.3.33
>> I have:
>>          ErrorLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
>> sites/domain.com/error_log.%Y%m%d" 86400'
>>          CustomLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
>> sites/domain.com/access_log.%Y%m%d" 86400' combined
>>
>> in my conf so logs are created daily.
>> If I want them cleaned up weekly how would I do that?
>> Ben

Michael McGlothlin
Southwest Plumbing Supply

Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean up

Posted by Michael McGlothlin <mi...@swplumb.com>.
Does LogRotate not work?

http://kavlon.org/index.php/logrotate
> Hey Ben,
>
> Did you ever come up with an answer to your question below?
>
> Thanks,
> JT
>

> Benjamin Adams wrote:
>
>> Apache 1.3.33
>> I have:
>>          ErrorLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
>> sites/domain.com/error_log.%Y%m%d" 86400'
>>          CustomLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
>> sites/domain.com/access_log.%Y%m%d" 86400' combined
>>
>> in my conf so logs are created daily.
>> If I want them cleaned up weekly how would I do that?
>> Ben

Michael McGlothlin
Southwest Plumbing Supply

Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean up

Posted by GK...@symcor.com.
I would add something like this, in crontab:

find /private/var/log/httpd/sites/domain.com -name *_log.* -atime +7 -exec
-rm {} \;

Regards,
Gabriel

             jtkc
             <thirionj@yahoo.c
                                       users@httpd.apache.org
             14/11/2007 10:19                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean
             Please respond to         up
             users@httpd.apach
                   e.org

Benjamin Adams wrote:

> Apache 1.3.33
> I have:
>          ErrorLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
> sites/domain.com/error_log.%Y%m%d" 86400'
>          CustomLog '|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs "/private/var/log/httpd/
> sites/domain.com/access_log.%Y%m%d" 86400' combined
>
> in my conf so logs are created daily.
> If I want them cleaned up weekly how would I do that?
> Ben

Nabble.com.

Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs clean up

Posted by jtkc <th...@yahoo.com>.