Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ravikumar Govindarajan <Ra...@igate.com> on 2008/09/23 15:39:35 UTC

EJB Client Jars and WAR File..

Hi,

Our Project set up is as follows.

 1.  EJB Project 1
 2.  EJB Project 2
 3.  EJB Project 3

EJB client jars are generated for the respective projects.

Then we use an assembler to gather all files (What we call as iface package classes) and create a client jar. This client jar contains the EJB stubs + some VOs of all the 3 EJB Projects.

This client jar file needs to be bundled in a WAR file.

Now I am faced with a difficulty.

Unless I install the client jar file as an ejb-client in Maven repository and declare the type as ejb-client in the dependency section of the WAR project's POM, I am not able to include it.

I even gave a system scope and it's still not bundling it as a plain jar file.

Is ejb-client the only way to include the jar file? Is there a way to include it as a plain jar (Some EJB code still resides inside the client jar)

Regards,
Ravi
iGATE is Ranked No. 3 in DQ-IDC best IT employer survey and Ranked No.6
by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross industry survey of Best Companies to work for in India
Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and is intended for use only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com
and delete this EMAIL including any attachments