Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com> on 2013/10/25 10:55:27 UTC

[5.4.23] Troubleshooting Live Class Reloading

Hello,

I've followed all guidance posted here; http://tapestry.apache.org/class-reloading.html

A couple days ago live class and template reloading just stopped working between restarts.
This only occurs for one of our projects... have spent a few hours trying to figure out where
this might be.

This is in Eclipse using the latest version of the RunJettyRun plugin.

Does anyone have any common wisdom or experience they could share related to troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: [5.4.23] Troubleshooting Live Class Reloading

Posted by Steve <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

I had this problem also and also use the runJettyRun plugin for eclipse.
I found it was because I was missing some arguments on the "Arguments"
tab of run configurations. The ones which I am using are from the
tutorial from the documentation on setting up eclipse, they are:
VM Arguments:
-XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Xmx600m -Dtapestry.execution-mode=development

The -Dtapestry.execution-mode=development is the part which is needed.
I think this is the same suggestion as Taha but I'm not sure where it
is set to true/false, I only know of it in the VM Arguments (So maybe
it is two places to check?).

I also have under the "Jetty" tab the "Show advanced options" ticked,
and "ParentLoadPriority" is ticked. I don't know exactly what these
do.
Steve

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Just a stab in the dark here but are you using maven and using a version
number NOT suffixed with "-SNAPSHOT" if you are this will cause problems as
maven assumes that non snapshot versions (releases) are static.

Re: [5.4.23] Troubleshooting Live Class Reloading

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Martin Kersten <ma...@gmail.com>.
I had a reload issue regarding to class loading and incompatible class
versions for a parameter when changing from alpha 21 to 23. I altered the
binding code to not use reloading (preventReloading or something similar,
check the auto complete options). I only had to do it for one service I
dont need reloading support for (well I dont need it at all). That solved
my issue.

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.