Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/03 04:19:47 UTC

Nexus compliance

Hi guys,

Today, I tried to deploy artifacts built with buildr to Nexus. While the
upload works nicely out of the box (yeah!), Apache's Nexus setup was
pretty unhappy with the checksums buildr generates.

Apparently Maven puts just the checksum into the file, whereas buildr
also adds the filename.

This is currently a blocker for using buildr with Apache's repository
manager. I filed an issue [1] against Nexus to be more tolerant in
verifying checksums, but I don't expect a timely fix, nor a rollout at
apache. Is it important for you that the filename is part of the
checksum files, or could we get rid of them to be more compliant to the
Maven/Nexus world? WDYT?

Tammo

[1] https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3976

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: Nexus compliance

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Today, I tried to deploy artifacts built with buildr to Nexus. While the
> upload works nicely out of the box (yeah!), Apache's Nexus setup was
> pretty unhappy with the checksums buildr generates.
>
> Apparently Maven puts just the checksum into the file, whereas buildr
> also adds the filename.
>
> This is currently a blocker for using buildr with Apache's repository
> manager. I filed an issue [1] against Nexus to be more tolerant in
> verifying checksums, but I don't expect a timely fix, nor a rollout at
> apache. Is it important for you that the filename is part of the
> checksum files, or could we get rid of them to be more compliant to the
> Maven/Nexus world? WDYT?

I'm all for making it comply with whichever "de facto" standard exists.

Please file an issue and we'll fix it.

alex