Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luis Rivera <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 00:35:01 UTC

Re: Tomcat JNI and native libraries

    Hi,

As far as I understand, libraries can be placed anywhere as long as that
directory is in the path (environment variable, not classpath), while the
jni java side has to be placed either in the shared or common directories. I
have it working in the shared directory, so that Tomcat does not try to load
the libraries more than once.

    --Luis R.

Servlet Lifecycle

Posted by Peter Kennard <pe...@livingwork.com>.
So if a servlet is lets say in a long transaction, sending a huge
data set, and the manager is wanting to "undeploy" it,

Does it get notified while the long lasting servlet thread is sending
data so if one wants to abort it, you can truncate writing in a
controlled way and clean up the mess nicely?

Or will it wait until it is done or a timeout and you get notified
with uninit() after this?

Of course I want notification, that leaves you enough time to be nice :)

PK