Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Richard Sand <rs...@idfconnect.com> on 2013/09/05 07:14:49 UTC

maven shade patch

Hi all - if anyone is interested, I opened a jira ticket MSHADE-154 to
submit a patch to the shade plugin to be able to use an attached artifact as
input, similar to that of the assembly plugin.  The patch adds a
configuration parameter "alternativeInputClassifier", which tells the plugin
to look for an artifact with the specified classifier in the project
attachments, and to use that as the primary artifact. While at it, I also
submitted a patch for ticket 139 which adds a parameter called
"replaceOriginalArtifact", which defaults to true, but when explicitly set
to false tells shade not to overwrite the original project artifact. I hope
these patches are useful!

Best regards,

Richard