Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by CheffPJ <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/03 07:46:03 UTC

Fixing Issues with Web Console in Seperate Tomcat 6

I was unable to deploy the web console to a seperate tomcat 6 using the
directions on  http://activemq.apache.org/web-console.html the wiki page .

Using:
 * Tomcat 6.0.18
 * The -Dwebconsole.type=properties... configuration
 * activemq-all-5.2.0.jar
 * activemq-web-console-5.2.0.war
 * Connecting to an ActiveMQ broker under a ServiceMix 3.3 runtime

I had to make the following adjustments from the wiki page for successful
deployment:

 * Put the activemq-all-5.2.0.jar in WEB-INF/lib as
http://www.nabble.com/activemq-all-*.jar-not-recognised-in-Tomcat-6-td18608426.html#a18613517
a previous post alluded to
 * Add JSTL jars (standard.jar & jstl.jar) to WEB-INF/lib

I can't put my finger on what's going on with the classloading, but I have a
hunch that this is a bug.

Re: Fixing Issues with Web Console in Seperate Tomcat 6

Posted by CheffPJ <pa...@gmail.com>.
I must have gotten my wires crossed a bit because I pulled the activemq-all
jar out of the webapp and its working just fine (still using the JSTL stuff
of course).

Also FWIW, the properties settings are:

-Dwebconsole.type=properties
-Dwebconsole.jms.url=tcp://localhost:61616
-Dwebconsole.jmx.url=service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
-Dwebconsole.jmx.role=smx
-Dwebconsole.jmx.password=smx

Thanks for the response.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@ttmsolutions.com>.