Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Tong <th...@primavera.com> on 2008/04/09 00:12:39 UTC

Deploy into websphere 6.1

Hi,

Deployed my CXF war into websphere 6.1. It's mostly working except fault
processing. I am getting
   java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/xml/soap/Detail.addDetailEntry
I guess websphere has an older version of saaj. so I copied both
saaj-api-1.3 jar and saaj-impl-1.3.jar to
$WebSphere_HOME/java/jre/lib/endorsed. But it does not work. It's
complaining about
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.SOAPDocumentImpl
which is right there in saaj-impl-1.3.jar.

Any idea please?

Thanks
Tong

Re: Deploy into websphere 6.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Did you check the section at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/AppServerGuide#AppServerGuide-Websphere
about creating a new classloader instead of using endorsed?   I'm
wondering if you add the saaj stuff in as well, it might work.

That said, Websphere is an IBM jdk which doesn't have the
com.sun.xml.org.apache stuff built in that the saaj-1.3 jar depends on.
You MAY also need the jaxp jar from:
http://download.java.net/maven/1/com.sun.xml.parsers/jars/
added as well or the parent class of SOAPDocumentImpl won't be found
which MAY be causing the issue you're seeing.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: Deploy into websphere 6.1

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
What happens if you place those JARs within your WAR (WEB-INF/lib
directory)?  Perhaps there is a precedence issue that is resulting in
the older SAAJ jar still be picked up--placing it in the WAR might fix
the issue.

Also, googling "CXF SAAJ Websphere" (without quotes) returns 366
hits--could any of them be of help for you?

Regards,
Glen