Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Forest Arnold <fw...@fwasi.com> on 2003/11/05 17:42:18 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Visual Tags for Struts 2004 Released

FWA Software, Inc released Visual Tags for Struts 2004 on 03 November 2003.
Visual Tags for Struts 2004 is the latest release of FWA Software's
extension suite that integrates the Struts 1.1 tag libraries with
Dreamweaver.  The major new feature in Visual Tags for Struts 2004 is
support for modular installation of the six Struts tag libraries, providing
web developers the capability to install only the tag library extensions
they need.

Visual Tags for Struts is the first commercial product to fully integrate
the Jakarta-Struts 1.1 custom JSP tags with Dreamweaver MX.  Visual Tags for
Struts enables web developers to use Dreamweaver to create and maintain web
pages for Struts-based web applications using both visual layout and editing
and text-based editing of JSP pages containing Struts custom tags.

FWA Software also released a new version of Visual Tags for Struts -
Designer Edition.  This version includes enhancements for upward
compatibility with Dreamweaver MX 2004.

Visual Tags for Struts is available for Dreamweaver MX on Windows.
Full-function evaluation versions of the products are available for
immediate download from FWA Software's web site
(http://www.fwasi.com/products).

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Visual Tags for Struts 2004 Released

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.
And to answer your question, Dreamweaver MX 2004 natively has "basic"
support for the taglibs where it will to 'code completion' and such -
much less than what Visual Tags for Struts does. Dreamweaver's supports
importing *any* taglib for "basic" support - even custom tags.

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Visual Tags for Struts 2004 Released

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.

> > Sadly, none of the current Committers are using the
> original taglibs in
> > their own work, and so we are actively looking for a taglib
> maintainer.
>
> That's not quite true; I use the html and tiles tags all the time :-).

Ditto for me.  I am using the original tags and JSTL (not struts-el).
I haven't come across any show-stoppers in quite a while.  What can I
say, we have a set of very solid taglibs due (in part) to some great
tests!!! ;)

Now...if we could only fix the broken test run....DOH!!

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Visual Tags for Struts 2004 Released

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@baseBeans.com>.
Tomcat v3 level (Servelt 2.2, Resin 1.x); I do not think sigificant new
development is on Tomcat v3 level.

Servlet 2.3 is Tomcat v4 level (Resin 2, JSTL 1.03).

I know projects live on Servlet 2.4, Tomcat v5 level (Resin 3, JSTL 1.1,
JSP 2)
They named product "Struts Tags for 2004", next years version.
I know people making noises about Portlet/Pluto and (bites lip) JSF today.

If  anyone redevelops and old app, they might as well upgrade to a new
container, not like we have to upgrade each workstation in the
Client/Server days.  Take advantage of EL, other features.

Dreamweaver out of the box support TLD's "smart typing", so I am just
saying.... why not work with other tags, that one would use in new
development in '04, next year.

.V

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@baseBeans.com>.

--
Victor Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor

Advanced Struts Training
<http://basebeans.com/do/cmsPg?content=TRAINING> Server Side Java
training with Rich UI, mentoring, designs, samples and project recovery
in North East.
Simple best practice basic Portal, a Struts CMS, Membership, Forums,
Shopping and Credit processing, <http://basicportal.com> software, ready
to develop/customize; requires a db to run.