Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by hemilshah <he...@lntinfotech.com> on 2010/03/23 13:36:52 UTC

Tomcat Integration problem

Hi,

I am facing issues in integrating tomcat with OpenEJB 3.1. It gives me Page
404(Page not found) error when i try to access following link -

http://localhost:8080/openejb/installer.

I have performed following steps -

1) Downloaded openejb.war file from http://openejb.apache.org/tomcat.html
link
2) Copied to the tomcat webapps directory
3) Started the tomcat server.
4) Accesed the URL stated above. But it gives famous page 404 error.

I am using -

OS - Windows XP
Tomcat - 5.5.9_1

Please let me know where i am wrong.

Thanks.
Regards,
Hemil

Re: Tomcat Integration problem

Posted by hemilshah <he...@lntinfotech.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. It has been fixed now.

Actually, i was running Tomcat under Eclipse and Eclipse accesses web
applications from the diiferent folder it creates under workspace so it was
unable to deploy the openejb.war. After copying the war file to proper
location it worked.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sounds like you've done everything correctly. Do you have any console output
you can send, or anything in any of the logs in $TOMCAT/logs?
Does http://localhost:8080/openejb (without /installer) also give you a 404
error?

I did try tomcat 5.5.9, and I got an odd error (below) and a blank page but
not a 404 error, but I guess this might be my machine. Is this the same as
you're seeing?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getPrincipal()Ljava/security/Principal;
    at
org.apache.openejb.tomcat.catalina.OpenEJBValve.invoke(OpenEJBValve.java:41)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestFilterValve.process(RequestFilterValve.java:275)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve.invoke(RemoteAddrValve.java:80)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

Are you particularly tied to Tomcat 5.5.9 or are you able to upgrade?

Jon