Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@apache.org> on 2009/09/21 06:35:10 UTC

Changes done to OMAbstractFactory since 1.2.8 need to be documented

Hi Andreas,

I see that there are some changes done to OMAbstractFactory since 1.2.8. For
instance, we now need to set "META_FACTORY_NAME_PROPERTY" instead of the
three separate system properties for each factory. I'm +1 for this change.
But, can we document this? I had to do some research into the code before
understanding how to adapt to the new model. For someone who realizes that
something which compiled with 1.2.8 now does not, the API documentation what
we have now doesn't do much of a help in this aspect.

I was able to get Abdera to work with the 1.2.9 API, while this was one
thing that failed.

So, WDYT about explaining how to adapt?

Thanks,
Senaka.

Re: Changes done to OMAbstractFactory since 1.2.8 need to be documented

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Andreas,

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't notice this.

Regards,