Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by fchan <fc...@molsci.org> on 2010/02/12 00:16:03 UTC

sa-learn error.

I was trying to teach spamassassin 3.3.0 today with a rather large
spam message and I got this error message when I did sa-learn:
Feb 11 14:47:51.262 [5414] info: archive-iterator: skipping large message

The message is 279959  bytes and about 20% is Russian text and other
80% is two gif image attachment. Is there a way to increase this or
some other method to allow me to learn large messages.

Thank you,
Frank

Re: sa-learn error.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:58:30 +0000
RW <rw...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:16:03 -0800
> fchan <fc...@molsci.org> wrote:
>
> > I was trying to teach spamassassin 3.3.0 today with a rather large
> > spam message and I got this error message when I did sa-learn:
> > Feb 11 14:47:51.262 [5414] info: archive-iterator: skipping large
> > message
> >
> > The message is 279959  bytes and about 20% is Russian text and
> > other 80% is two gif image attachment. Is there a way to increase
> > this or some other method to allow me to learn large messages.
>
> I think you would have to modify the script.

I was forgetting, if you run spamd you can also learn via spamc which
has a configurable limit with the "-s" option.

Re: sa-learn error.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
fchan <fc...@molsci.org> wrote:

> I was trying to teach spamassassin 3.3.0 today with a rather large
> spam message and I got this error message when I did sa-learn:
> Feb 11 14:47:51.262 [5414] info: archive-iterator: skipping large
> message
>
> The message is 279959  bytes and about 20% is Russian text and other
> 80% is two gif image attachment. Is there a way to increase this or
> some other method to allow me to learn large messages.

I think you would have to modify the script.

If you change opt_all to 1 in the following part of sa-learn, it should
do it.

  my $iter = new Mail::SpamAssassin::ArchiveIterator(
    {
      'opt_all' => 0,       # skip messages over 250k
      'opt_want_date' => 0,
    }
  );