Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Artem Lantsev <ar...@itm.nkz.ru> on 2003/05/13 15:11:06 UTC

porting FOP from Java to C++

hello

I plan to port the most recent version of the FOP from Java to C++ for MS
and GNU compilers.
I'll appreciate any help or advise.

bye
Artem Lantsev

Re: porting FOP from Java to C++

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Probably no need. There's:
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlroff/
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/xslfo-proc/

Don't expect any help from us. We've already got enough to do with our
own implementation. :-)

And what's the problem with Java, anyway? An automated port from Java to
C++ will only get you in trouble and will most probably not be faster
than the Java version (Probably the opposite).

On 13.05.2003 15:11:06 Artem Lantsev wrote:
> I plan to port the most recent version of the FOP from Java to C++ for MS
> and GNU compilers.
> I'll appreciate any help or advise.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: porting FOP from Java to C++

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mardi, 13 mai 2003, à 15:11 Europe/Zurich, Artem Lantsev a écrit :

> ...I plan to port the most recent version of the FOP from Java to C++
> for MS
> and GNU compilers.
> I'll appreciate any help or advise....

My best advice is: don't do it ;-)

Joining the FOP team to improve what's already existing here would give
you much more leverage for your efforts.

--
   Bertrand Delacretaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)
   XML, java, XSLT, Cocoon, FOP, mentoring/programming/teaching