Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2005/05/17 15:18:48 UTC

sandbox access

Guys,

I got access to the sandbox mainly for javaflow and jci.
...but would it be ok to commit code/fixes to other sandbox
projects as well?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: sandbox access

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 23:18 +1000, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I got access to the sandbox mainly for javaflow and jci.
> ...but would it be ok to commit code/fixes to other sandbox
> projects as well?

Yes, as long as you get the agreement of the existing committers on that
sandbox project.  That doesn't need an official "vote" or anything; just
send an email stating what you would like to do, and see if anyone
objects.

If the response is positive, then add yourself to the project.xml
<developers> section and go ahead.

If there is no response, then perhaps try contacting the people listed
in <developers> directly. And if that fails too, then I guess the
project is yours :-)

See http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/JakartaCommonsEtiquette,
"Sandbox Etiquette".

Cheers,

Simon

Re: sandbox access

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
Eric Pugh wrote:
> Most projects are very happy to have more interest!  That is part of the
> reason they are in sandbox, is to build up a group of interested
> developers...!

alright ...thanks for clarification, guys

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: sandbox access

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Re: sandbox access

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.

Re: sandbox access

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Send a mail to the list with the correct prefix, eg. [functor], and an
explanation of your plans first, to see if anyone does a +1 or -1.

Stephen