Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Serega Sheypak <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/14 20:54:20 UTC

item similarity, similar item and look with item

Hi, I'm doing item similarity for recommendations.
I would like to provide two kinds of recommenations for items:
1. similar item. I want to recommend anonymous user items similar to
current item.
2. look with item. Recommend items which other anonmous users look with
current item.

What appoaches can be used? I did more than 50 tries and don't get quite
good result... :(
I have 3*10^6 items and 3*10^6 anonymous users per day with item browsing
history.

Re: item similarity, similar item and look with item

Posted by Serega Sheypak <se...@gmail.com>.
I do build sessins and do set preference values:
1 for vew item
2 for click on recommended item
3 if item was bought

Anonymous, means they don't pass registration.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.