Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de> on 2021/03/17 09:03:33 UTC

Does anyone know of a statically linked SVN-client for IPfire?

Hi all,

I have a customer using IPfire as firewall and wozuld like to maintain
some configs, firewall rules etc. using SVN. While that system
provides a package manager named Pakfire with GIT, SVN doesn't seem to
be supported anymore.

So, does anyone know of a compatible, statically linked client I can
upload myself? Or something most likely compatible I should have a
look at before building on my own? Thanks!

> [root@[...] ~]# uname -a
> Linux [...] 4.14.150-ipfire #1 SMP Tue Oct 22 17:07:54 GMT 2019 x86_64 AMD GX-412TC SOC AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thorsten Schöning

--
AM-SoFT IT-Service - Bitstore Hameln GmbH i.G.
Mitglied der Bitstore Gruppe - Ihr Full-Service-Dienstleister für IT und TK

E-Mail: Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de
Web:    http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Tel:   05151-  9468- 0
Tel:   05151-  9468-55
Fax:   05151-  9468-88
Mobil:  0178-8 9468-04

AM-SoFT IT-Service - Bitstore Hameln GmbH i.G., Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
AG Hannover HRB neu - Geschäftsführer: Janine Galonska

Für Rückfragen stehe ich Ihnen sehr gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thorsten Schöning

Tel: 05151 9468 0
Fax: 05151 9468 88
Mobil:
Webseite: https://www.am-soft.de

AM-Soft IT-Service - Bitstore Hameln GmbH i.G. ist ein Mitglied der Bitstore Gruppe - Ihr Full-Service-Dienstleister für IT und TK

AM-Soft IT-Service - Bitstore Hameln GmbH i.G.
Brandenburger Str. 7c
31789 Hameln
Tel: 05151 9468 0

Bitstore IT-Consulting GmbH
Zentrale - Berlin Lichtenberg
Frankfurter Allee 285
10317 Berlin
Tel: 030 453 087 80

CBS IT-Service - Bitstore Kaulsdorf UG
Tel: 030 453 087 880 1

Büro Dallgow-Döberitz
Tel: 03322 507 020

Büro Kloster Lehnin
Tel: 033207 566 530

PCE IT-Service - Bitstore Darmstadt UG
Darmstadt
Tel: 06151 392 973 0

Büro Neuruppin
Tel: 033932 606 090

ACI EDV Systemhaus Dresden GmbH
Dresden
Tel: 0351 254 410

Das Systemhaus - Bitstore Magdeburg GmbH
Magdeburg
Tel: 0391 636 651 0

Allerdata.IT - Bitstore Wittenberg GmbH
Wittenberg
Tel: 03491 876 735 7

Büro Liebenwalde
Tel: 033054 810 00

HSA - das Büro - Bitstore Altenburg UG
Altenburg
Tel: 0344 784 390 97

Bitstore IT – Consulting GmbH
NL Piesteritz
Piesteritz
Tel: 03491 644 868 6

Solltec IT-Services - Bitstore Braunschweig UG
Braunschweig
Tel: 0531 206 068 0

MF Computer Service - Bitstore Gütersloh GmbH
Gütersloh
Tel: 05245 920 809 3

Firmensitz: AM-Soft IT-Service - Bitstore Hameln GmbH i.G. , Brandenburger Str. 7c , 31789 Hameln
Geschäftsführer Janine Galonska

Re: Does anyone know of a statically linked SVN-client for IPfire?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Thorsten Schöning wrote on Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 14:27:30 +0100:
> #!/bin/bash
>
> ##
> # Wrapper to make LD_LIBRARY_PATH easily available per invocation.
> #
> # This distribution of SVN is mostly self-contained, but it's own private shared libs need to be made
> # available somehow. The easiest approach is to use the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so that
> # users don't need to care to much. Therefore this wrapper calculates the necessary path on its own
> # and sets the environment variable accordingly.
> #
> # While users are only interested in the SVN-client most likely, the wrapper is designed to calculate
> # the binary to forward all given arguments to based on the name of the wrapper itself. So it can
> # simply be stored using the naming scheme "svn.sh", "svnadmin.sh" etc. using symlinks and might be
> # used for other binaries as well this way.
> #
> # @param[in] ... All arguments are forwarded as-is to the binary of interest.
> #
>
> APP_NAME=$(basename "$0" ".sh")
> APP_DIR=$( dirname  "$0")
> LIB_DIR=$( realpath "${APP_DIR}/../lib")
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LIB_DIR}

Note that this discards any preëxisting value of $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

(Also, might want to use #!/bin/sh.)

Cheers,

Daniel

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Thorsten Schöning,
am Mittwoch, 17. März 2021 um 10:03 schrieben Sie:

> I have a customer using IPfire as firewall and wozuld like to maintain
> some configs, firewall rules etc. using SVN.[...]

I've found the official Linux client of CollabNet to be compatible
with the used version of IPfire:

https://www.collab.net/downloads/subversion#show-Linux
https://www.collab.net/sites/default/files/downloads/CollabNetSubversion-client-1.12.2-1.x86_64.rpm

One simply needs to extract the directory itself from the RPM and that
seems to be pretty much self contained or compatible enough.

> rpm2cpio [...].rpm | cpio -idmv

The only thing left is to make all the privately bundled libs
available to the binaries, for which I've created a simple shell
script. That needs be placed aside the binaries themself and sets
LD_LIBRARY_PATH as calculated by where it is stored.

> /tmp/svn-1.12.2/bin/svn.sh co --username=[...] https://[...] .

#!/bin/bash

##