Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> on 2007/02/03 15:38:01 UTC

Name change..

There isn't any notice on the name change on the status page. I assume that the name change is there
to stay ? Would also be nice if someone still has some idea on what date the name change actually
happened.

Since the rest is still called adffaces (list names, incubator page, etc) I am not sure if we need
to change those names to trinidad before graduation

Thoughts ?

We can also bring this discussion to general to ask for opinions, although I think the overhead
created with changing the name in every area isn't probably worth it. (assuming Oracle still is ok
that the name ADF Faces is used?)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Name change..

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> We can also bring this discussion to general to ask for opinions, although I think the overhead
> created with changing the name in every area isn't probably worth it. ()

That sentence should read "assuming Oracle still is ok that the name ADF Faces is used during
incubation"..

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Name change..

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
the status page says

2006-03-08 (n/a)  	Make sure that the requested project name does not
already exist and check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name
is not already trademarked for an existing software product.

the (n/a) is because we tried lot's of time to get feedback if the
"Trinidad" name is a good one in meaning of names, that are owned by
others. We did a *search* on our best and we thought that Trinidad is
fine (see the email archive for this)

the "status" page we also left with "ADF FACES" since the complete
infrastructure is named ADF FACES.

Adding a note would be a good thing!

thx for looking at this all,
matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Name change..

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Re: Name change..

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Name change..

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
> We decided to keep the ADFFACES for now, since renaming all these
> lists, jira etc. would take a while

keeping it only for the "infrastructure"...

Re: Name change..

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
We put that to the incubator reports, that the name was changed. Never
got feedback on that. That was also a *goal* of the incubation phase.
We decided to keep the ADFFACES for now, since renaming all these
lists, jira etc. would take a while

The name change issue came up, before joining the Apache Software
Foundation. There was a proposed name "Cherokey", which didn't made
it, for some reasons.

-M