Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kai Hackemesser <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/19 05:26:54 UTC

learning about dependencies of a plugin

Hi there,

I'm writing my first plugin. My plugin will have a dependency to another
library/artifact that needs to be added to the classpath when the plugin
executes its work. How can I find the artifact that the plugin is depending
to, when the plugin is running? The maven-dependency-plugin resolves the
dependencies of the current project, not of the current plugin. Or am I
wrong here?

Cheers,
Kai

Re: learning about dependencies of a plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
The dependency of the plugin will be in the classloader of the plugin already - you don't need to do anything else. You can use mvn -X ... to see the full construction of your plugin for more information.

Or are you trying to dynamically use a dependency of the project the plugin is operating on?

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org