Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by louis <lo...@kwikpay.co.za> on 2005/09/13 14:15:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Windows Server 2003 SP 1 and Apache 2.0.52

Hi guys

After I installed Service Pack 1 for Win 2003, I keep on getting the
following errors when trying to access one of my ISAPI dll's on Apache
2.0.52. I assume it's got something to do with incompatibility between
mod_isapi and Win 2003 SP 1:

---------------------------
Apache.exe - Application Error
---------------------------
The instruction at "0x05bb3397" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
---------------------------
OK   Cancel
---------------------------

Anybody ever encountered this before? Is there a fix or workaround for
this? If I uninstall the service pack, everything works fine again, but
there are some critical security updates in this service pack.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Louis Young
Systems Administrator
Kwikpay SA (Pty) Ltd.

Re: [users@httpd] Windows Server 2003 SP 1 and Apache 2.0.52

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
louis, you really need to download the apache_2.0.52-win32-x86-symbols.zip
file from http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/

Unpack it in your top level Apache2 directory (e.g. somewhere like
c:\program files\apache group\apache2\) and expand directories.

Next Application error, if you click 'cancel to debug', it will either
drill you into the debugger, or bring up Dr. Watson's results, including
a full backtrace of which functions were called when the fault occured.

Upgrading to 2.0.54 wouldn't be a bad idea, either.  Just because it
-seems- this is an Apache error related to SP1, remember that is could
be the lingering flaw in the ISAPI module you loaded, and this is just
its side effect.  But if you get more detailed info, please share.