Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Adrian Williamson <aw...@octavo2.demon.co.uk> on 2014/08/06 10:35:30 UTC

Does anyone have an example of using WSSecEncrypt.setUseThisCert()

Hi,

Has anyone got an example of how this method can be used?

I've trying different values for the WSSecEncrypt.setKeyIdentifierType() but
I keep getting application specific error messages back from the private
service I'm calling.

One of the error messages made me stop and ponder the extent of my
ignorance;

WSConstants.X509_KEY_IDENTIFIER it returned:

An invalid security token was provided (Bad ValueType
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-
1.0#X509v3")

So I thought if someone had a nice little test case that used an X509
certificate to encrypt it might help me along.

So I can see how it is supposed to be done.

Thanks

Adrian

RE: Does anyone have an example of using WSSecEncrypt.setUseThisCert()

Posted by Adrian Williamson <aw...@octavo2.demon.co.uk>.
Hi Colm,

This is what worked in the end for me, I’m now trying to work out how to get back to SOAP from the server response, i.e. I’m writing decodeSOAP.

private SOAPMessage encodeSOAP(SOAPMessage soapMessage) throws Exception  {

    SOAPPart soapPart = soapMessage.getSOAPPart();

    SOAPEnvelope  soapEnvelope = soapPart.getEnvelope();

    //Might be a workaround to the fact the WSDL has ws.live.ie and we are using ws.test.ie etc

    soapEnvelope.addNamespaceDeclaration( "dl","http://ws.live.ie/v1/DL-WS/");

    WSSecEncrypt builder  = new WSSecEncrypt();

    WSSecTimestamp builderTS = new WSSecTimestamp();

    WSSecSignature builderSig = new WSSecSignature();

    java.security.cert.X509Certificate recipientCert = (X509Certificate) keysRSA.getks().getCertificate("wsstestservice");

    java.security.cert.X509Certificate ourCert = (X509Certificate) keysRSA.getks().getCertificate("wsstest");

    builder.setUseThisCert(recipientCert);

    builder.setKeyIdentifierType(WSConstants.BST_DIRECT_REFERENCE);

    builder.setSymmetricEncAlgorithm(WSConstants.TRIPLE_DES);

    builderTS.setTimeToLive(5000);

    Document doc = soapEnvelope.getOwnerDocument();

    org.apache.wss4j.dom.message.WSSecHeader secHeader = new WSSecHeader();

    secHeader.insertSecurityHeader(doc);

    {//Sign the Timestamp and the body this block replaces builderSig.build(doc, crypto, secHeader)

        builderSig.setX509Certificate(ourCert);

        builderSig.setUserInfo("wsstest", "password1");

        builderSig.setKeyIdentifierType(WSConstants.BST_DIRECT_REFERENCE);

        SOAPConstants soapConstants = org.apache.wss4j.dom.util.WSSecurityUtil.getSOAPConstants(doc.getDocumentElement());

        List<WSEncryptionPart> wsEncryptionParts = new ArrayList<WSEncryptionPart>();

        WSEncryptionPart wsEncryptionPart = new WSEncryptionPart( soapConstants.getBodyQName().getLocalPart(),

                                                                  soapConstants.getEnvelopeURI(), "Content");

        wsEncryptionParts.add(wsEncryptionPart);

        builderTS.build(doc, secHeader);

        wsEncryptionParts.add(new WSEncryptionPart(builderTS.getId()));

        builderSig.setParts(wsEncryptionParts);

        builderSig.setUseSingleCertificate(true);

        builderSig.prepare(doc, this.crypto, secHeader);

        builderSig.appendBSTElementToHeader(secHeader);

        List<javax.xml.crypto.dsig.Reference> referenceList = builderSig.addReferencesToSign(wsEncryptionParts, secHeader);

        builderSig.computeSignature(referenceList);

    }

    try

    {

        builder.build(doc, this.crypto, secHeader);

    }

    catch (WSSecurityException e)

    {

        System.err.println("Failed in builder block: " + e.getMessage());

        e.printStackTrace();

        System.exit(1);

    }

    return soapMessage;

}

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: Does anyone have an example of using WSSecEncrypt.setUseThisCert()

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Here are some:

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh