Posted to bridges-user@portals.apache.org by Evert Lammerts <Ev...@sara.nl> on 2009/02/19 13:25:50 UTC

request phase

Hi list,

Using the Apache struts bridge (within the Liferay 5.1.2 portlet container
on Tomcat 6.0), how can I distinguish the phase of the request in my Action
class? Iow, when does the javax.portlet.request attribute of the
ServletRequest contain a RenderRequest, and when does it contain an
ActionRequest? I keep getting cast exceptions here:

ActionRequest aReq = (ActionRequest)
req.getAttribute("javax.portlet.request");

Best,

Evert Lammerts

Evert Lammerts

SARA Computing & Network Services

High Performance Computing & Visualization

Phone: +31 20 888 4101

Email: evert.lammerts@sara.nl

Re: request phase

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Evert Lammerts wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> Using the Apache struts bridge (within the Liferay 5.1.2 portlet
> container on Tomcat 6.0), how can I distinguish the phase of the request
> in my Action class? Iow, when does the javax.portlet.request attribute
> of the ServletRequest contain a RenderRequest, and when does it contain
> an ActionRequest? I keep getting cast exceptions here:
>

> ActionRequest aReq = (ActionRequest)
> req.getAttribute("javax.portlet.request");

   if (req.getAttribute(StrutsPortlet.REQUEST_TYPE).equals(StrutsPortlet.ACTION_REQUEST)) {
     ActionRequest aReq = (ActionRequest).req.getAttribute("javax.portlet.request");
   }
   else {
     RenderRequest rReq = (RenderRequest).req.getAttribute("javax.portlet.request");
   }

Note: the above assumes JSR-168., not yet JSR-286 interactions.

JSR-286 Portlet 2.0 adds req.getAttribute(PortletRequest.LIFECYCLE_PHASE) as a standardization of the above.

HTH,

Ate