Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2019/10/07 01:59:01 UTC

Podling proposal pages

Hi,

I made some minor edits to the podling proposal page [1] including a small amount of simplifying some of the language used and moved the new podling template to the wiki. [2] Feedback welcome.

I’ll be making some updates to the template in the near future. Suggestions welcome.

I'm thinking of removing this page (and links to it)  as it’s incomplete and what is says could give the wrong impression. [3] For instance all podlings enter the incubator not complying with ASF policy. Any objections?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/New+Podling+Proposal
2. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html
3. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/entry.html

Re: Podling proposal pages

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> +1 to removing, I think https://incubator.apache.org/cookbook/ has
> sufficient info about entry into the Incubator.

And the current proposal page. There’s also some overlap with the cookbook [1] and the “story of a podling” page [2] but I quite like it. What might be good idea to have is some real stories of podlings going though the incubating process and what they thought of it. Are any polling willing to contribute to this?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/cookbook/
2. https://incubator.apache.org/podling-story.html

Re: Podling proposal pages

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 3:59 AM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking of removing this page (and links to it)  as it’s incomplete and what is says
> could give the wrong impression. [3] ..

+1 to removing, I think https://incubator.apache.org/cookbook/ has
sufficient info about entry into the Incubator.

-Bertrand