Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Lucio Chiappetti <lu...@lambrate.inaf.it> on 2011/05/26 18:57:15 UTC

autolearn Re: major upgrade of spamassassin

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:

> We are in the process of doing a long awaited and overdue upgrade of our
> servers (from Suse 9.2 to 11.4), which involves upgrading the (bundled)
> spamassassin (used with sendmail and amavis milter) from 3.0 to 3.3.

We progressed in our migration. We have now a machine running with the new
configuration, duly trained on ham and spam collected in the last weeks,
and we diverted to it a fraction of our incoming messages (we repointed
the secondary MX for one of our two domains).

It is catching and quarantining some spam (so far all ham is still
transiting through the primary MX) and we see that in the header
X-Spam-Status keyword, which has changed format, there is at the end
one of these

 	autolearn=unavailable
 	autolearn=no
 	autolearn=spam

The first one seems to occur for very high score spam, the second for
relatively low score one, and the third for mid-score spam similar to what
previously seen as "no"

Is any of those indicating a malfunction in autolearn ?

The reasonable   man tries to adapt himself to the world
The unreasonable man tries to adapt the world to himself
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man      (G.B.Shaw)

Re: autolearn Re: major upgrade of spamassassin

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AutolearningNotWorking

--
Bowie