Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by JD Nam <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/28 13:27:39 UTC

I am sorry for causing confusion. IGNITE-6531

Hello Igniter!

First of all, I'm sorry. I was not aware of the ignite community process
well, so I did not follow the guideline and caused the confusion to the
community.
My name is joungdal.nam and I made the issue as following link.

Pleases allow me to introduce myself.
I am a java developer working in e-Commerce in a small country in Asia.
Currently, I am developing a Spring based framework (for our company domain
only).

We had a little problems in developing our program, especially Batch.
Most java developers in the company for which I work are domain experts,
they are not getting away from jar-hell
There are a lot of problems associated with CPU and memory, etc., because
many java batches that are starting and shutdown by the scheduler work like
many beans of spring.
It is not possible to separate a module (lib) because it takes too much
time and resources.

When I saw ignite I shouted Eureka.
By applying Spring-boot & Ignite's ComputeTask, I thought I'd have to a
Distribute Batch Platform with Daemon.
The main concept of this platform is to assign a job to a node with the
lowest load through the matrix information of the ignite cluster.
Since all CRUD work is handled by Oracle, ignite's distributed computing
seemed to be of great help (source can not be hdfs.)
I do not want to shutdown manually, so, the client node is managed by
initiating shutdown if the count of running nodes reaches the threshold
value by using userAttribute. The version is named to jar file name and
build time as postfix.

Sorry. I'll get to the point. The reason why I created IGNITE-6531 is that
the batch of my company has too many beans.
Unfortunately, I am not able to tell which lib contains a particular bean.
Moreover, I am not able to remove the lib even if I find the lib (the
product may not be delivered to the customer)
Certain beans only work in stg, prod in dev, qa, stg, prod (external
communication issue or firewall problem)
Due to the nature of our Traditional Business, instances of beans are
created only under certain circumstances and cannot be injected in other
environments.

After all, the best way to do this is to treat it the same as the method of
the spring framework.
When injecting another spring bean in ComputeTask,  we could write it just
like @AutoWired (required = false).
I did not want to see the non-operation of the daemon because of a runtime
exception due to a firewall problem.
So, I thought “required = false” is required @SpringResource.
Hope to hear your opinion on this.
Once, again, I would like to apologize that I did not aware of the ignite
process.

I also have another question. I heard that there is an issue with
configuration on the mailing list.
How deploy node with different env, do you use it as below?

In the java code,
try (Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("/config/ignite.xml")) { // deault zone
try (Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("/config/ignite-dev.xml")) { // dev?
try (Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("/config/ignite-qa.xml")) { // qa?
try (Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("/config/ignite-stg.xml")) { // stg??

It will be a more user friendly settling by using yaml. Our project has
over 300 properties
If yaml is supported by ignite, it would be much more convenience. (If you
do not have a plan to support spring-boot)
I used ignite-default.yml, ignite-dev.yml, etc in my project. By
distinguishing java -D options, codes are not revised and I only read
configuration.

I think there's a mistype in the document of the link below.
It is the example of SqlFieldsQuery.
https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/java-sql-api
try (QueryCursor <List <? >> cursor = cache.query (sql) {

I think there should be one more ')' as below.
= cache.query (sql))  {

I'll try to read the contribute documentation to fix this issue.
It's better if you fix it.
Ignite is really cool, you guys are really great.

Re: I am sorry for causing confusion. IGNITE-6531

Posted by JD Nam <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for helping us solve our business problems.

Thanks,
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello,