Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/03/21 21:59:24 UTC

[S2] [VOTE] Struts 2.0.7 Quality

The Struts 2.0.7 test build is now available.

    Release notes:

        * http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-207.html

        * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.7/

    The Maven 2 staging repository is not yet available, but when it
is, it will be in the usual location:

        * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.7/m2-staging-repository/

    Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please
respond with a vote on its quality:

    [ ] Leave at test build
    [ ] Alpha
    [ ] Beta
    [ ] General Availability (GA)

    Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

    The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon
request. A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the
quality of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
list.

    As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A
binding vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is
agreeing to help do the work

-Ted.

Re: [S2] [VOTE] Struts 2.0.7 Quality

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
+1 GA - all tests pass in AppFuse.

Matt

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

+1

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
User-boy here, likewise--I have a new gig and won't be
able to look at it until Sunday.

Posted by Pedro Herrera <pe...@hotmail.com>.
+1 (GA) too

Herrera

Posted by Nate Drake <nd...@gmail.com>.
+1 (GA)

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Herrera <pe...@hotmail.com>.
Ok,
   I´be testing this new release..

Herrera

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
Am Freitag, 23. März 2007 schrieb Ted Husted:
> Actually, that's perfect :)

+1 (GA) then :)

Re: [S2] [VOTE] Struts 2.0.7 Quality

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Actually, that's perfect :)

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
Update: the corresponding S2 issue [1] should be fixed now too (crosscheck
highly appreciated). This introduced the need to update XW dependencies to
2.0.2-SNAPSHOT. I've talked with Rainer about the release schedule for XW
- if everything works as planned, this weekend a release can be expected.

Nevertheless, I seeing another issue now: In Tomcat 5.5.20, a given S2 app
refuses to serialize because of ContainerImpl$ConstructorInjector not
being serializable (and probably won't ever be...). This issue seems to
not have been introduced by the TextProvider stuff (afaics). I suspect
that a ref to the container is held where it is not indicated to do so.
Can someone confirm this issue?

At last, for the protocol, my vote for 2.0.7
>    [x] Leave at test build
>    [ ] Alpha
>    [ ] Beta
>    [ ] General Availability (GA)

- Rene

[1] https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1856

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 3/28/07, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is this in the
> http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.7/ build?

No, the patch hasn't been applied to either the 2.0.x branch or the HEAD.

-T.

Re: [S2] [VOTE] Struts 2.0.7 Quality

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
You could check the MailReader WIP into the Sandbox first,

* http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/sandbox/trunk/

and when it's done, then we can decide what to do.

One way to do that would be to use SVN copy, checkout the copy, and
then paste over any files you've already changed, and check that in.
That way, we keep the history too.

There's also MailReader version in the archive that uses Wildcards to
the fullest extent.

* http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/archive/struts-sandbox/struts2/apps/mailreader-wildone/

-Ted.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The build is final, and people following this thread can use it if
they choose. The grade is a  matter of votes. Mine's +1 for a
test-build, since I don't believe the changes made here warrant
explaining why it's only a beta, or explaining that the i18n tag
doesn't work. But, other PMC members might have different opinions. I
doubt that we will have long to wait for a new XW2.

In the meantime, if there's anything anyone wants to apply for 2.0.8,
there's your sign.

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.

Rene Gielen schrieb:
> I seem to have the same issue here in a customer project, but since it is portlet environment, I was not sure yet whether it was a porlet related issue...
>
> - Rene
>
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:55:27 +0200 (CEST), "Rainer Hermanns" <he...@aixcept.de> wrote:
>> James,
>>
>> there is a blocking error for xwork 2.0.2 [1] that seems to be related.
>> I am trying to work on this the coming weekend and release xw 2.0.2
>> ASAP with this and other fixes.
>>
>> +1 for beta
>>
>> cheers,
>> Rainer
>>
>> [1] http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-487
>>
>>> In trying to fix a few insignificant items in the the mailreader, and
>>> I'm seeing some weirdness in the i18n tag....by weirdness, I mean
>>> that it's broke.
>>>
>>> Can someone confirm?
>>>
>>> If so, my vote goes to +1 for beta.
>>>

>>> --
>>> James Mitchell
>>> The Ruby Roundup
>>> http://www.rubyroundup.com/

>> --
>> Rainer Hermanns
>> aixcept
>> Neupforte 16
>> 52062 Aachen - Germany
>> w: http://aixcept.de/
>> t:    +49-241-4012247
>> m:  +49-170-3432912

Rene Gielen  | http://it-neering.net/
Aachen       | PGP-ID: BECB785A
Germany      | gielen at it-neering.net

Re: [S2] [VOTE] Struts 2.0.7 Quality

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
James,

there is a blocking error for xwork 2.0.2 [1] that seems to be related.
I am trying to work on this the coming weekend and release xw 2.0.2
ASAP with this and other fixes.

+1 for beta

cheers,
Rainer

[1] http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-487

> In trying to fix a few insignificant items in the the mailreader, and
> I'm seeing some weirdness in the i18n tag....by weirdness, I mean
> that it's broke.
>
> Can someone confirm?
>
> If so, my vote goes to +1 for beta.
>

> --
> James Mitchell
> The Ruby Roundup
> http://www.rubyroundup.com/
>

> On Mar 21, 2007, at 4:59 PM, Ted Husted wrote:
>
>> The Struts 2.0.7 test build is now available.
>>
>>    Release notes:
>>
>>        * http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-207.html

>>        * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.7/
>>
>>    The Maven 2 staging repository is not yet available, but when it
>> is, it will be in the usual location:
>>
>>        * http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.7/m2-staging-
>> repository/
>>
>>    Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please
>> respond with a vote on its quality:
>>
>>    [ ] Leave at test build
>>    [ ] Alpha
>>    [ ] Beta
>>    [ ] General Availability (GA)
>>
>>    Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
>> members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
>> three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>>
>>    The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon
>> request. A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the
>> quality of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
>> designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
>> mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
>> beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
>> list.
>>
>>    As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A
>> binding vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is
>> agreeing to help do the work
>>
>> -Ted.

Rainer Hermanns
aixcept
Neupforte 16
52062 Aachen - Germany
w: http://aixcept.de/
t:    +49-241-4012247
m:  +49-170-3432912

Re: [S2] [VOTE] Struts 2.0.7 Quality

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Confirmed.

On 3/26/07, James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In trying to fix a few insignificant items in the the mailreader, and

Feel free to fix the significant items too. :)

The data access layers uses several anti-patterns, like using
business-domain tokens as keys, not providing zero-argument
constructors (so, technically, MailReader does not use JavaBeans), and
creating objects with immutable keys.

Though, maybe it's time to do a canonical, zero-configuration,
code-behind Petstore :)

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.