Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sanjay Arora <sk...@gawab.com> on 2004/08/04 09:55:11 UTC

Some newbie questions..

Hi all

I have been lurking on this mailing list for some time now and studying
the maven web-site. I have some confusions, that I hope some of you will
clarify:

1. All of the postings seem to be about java deployment. If maven of any
use for development co-operation in languages other than java e.g. php,
perl etc, so that people can have the sort of site that maven provides
for them, even if all the usability that is available for jar
deployment/auto-testing is not there.

2. Are open source java like kaffe and such fully supported, or does one
have to use SunÅ› commercial offerings?

With best regards.
Sanjay.

Re: Some newbie questions..

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
> 1. All of the postings seem to be about java deployment. If maven of any
> use for development co-operation in languages other than java e.g. php,
> perl etc, so that people can have the sort of site that maven provides
> for them, even if all the usability that is available for jar
> deployment/auto-testing is not there.

Sure, if you really want it just to make a consistent site, you can do
that. We do at work.

> 2. Are open source java like kaffe and such fully supported, or does one
> have to use SunÅ› commercial offerings?

I haven't personally tested it, but we worked with kaffe last year to
make some changes. It should work.

Regards.
Brett