Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/12/09 09:50:00 UTC

Re: general/1530: ServerName/ServerAlias is checked when using IP-based virtual hosts -Reply

The following reply was made to PR general/1530; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>
To: Roger Hunen <ro...@medtronic.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/1530: ServerName/ServerAlias is checked when using IP-based virtual hosts -Reply
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 00:51:08 -0800 (PST)

 Correct.  Fixing this in 1.2 is not clean/easy.  There's a new directive
 (NameVirtualHost) to make it clear in 1.3 what is supposed to be ip-based
 and what's supposed to be host-based.

 Dean