Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Struts-dev Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/08/19 21:55:12 UTC

Validator Questions

Subject: Validator Questions
From: "Scott Steimle" <ss...@convera.com>
 ===
1) The sample validator application that comes with 1.1 b2 works, but
validation in my application does not.  If I define the appropriate rules in
validation.xml and change my base form class to extend ValidatorActionForm,
what should I expect to happen, for instance, when I don't provide a
required field?  (I have not set validate=false for any action.  Although I
haven't implemented displaying ActionErrors in my view yet, I would have
expected the controller to not forward like it used to.)

2) I am trying to implement the Validator of Struts 1.1 b2 by using the
ValidatorActionForm class as my base Action.  It is my understanding that
using this class somehow allows the ability to selectivly validate form
properties based on the particular action being invoked (by using the
action's path).  How?

3) How to I turn on the commons logging that comes with Struts?