Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by ilya <il...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/04 09:29:46 UTC

Re: Using CentOS-6.x on KVM-hosts - what are the threats?

Vladimir

It comes down to version of qemu and cpu flags. As you know this is not
related to cloudstack.

Because of major differences in qemu and cpu flags -  safest method is
power down and power up.

QEMUs claim to fame was that it can migrate from AMD to Intel and vice
versa. In practice its hit or miss.

What is guest.cpu.mode set to in your agent.properties?

Also, this maybe a good help for "guest.cpu.mode" capabilities.

https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsCPU

Regards
ilya