Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Ney André de Mello Zunino <zu...@inf.ufsc.br> on 2004/10/08 08:36:55 UTC

Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Hello.

I am having trouble setting up Axis C++ 1.3 to run with Apache2 2.0.52
on my WinXP SP2 box. I first downloaded the Windows binary distribution
of Axis 1.3 [1] and then carefully followed the Windows installation
guide [2]. However, when I try starting Apache, it will load and then
die without any error being displayed. I even tried running it from the
console while watching the task manager. I can see the Apache.exe
process popping up on the list, then disappearing.

I tried searching for information, but all I found was an unanswered
question [3] from an individual with a similar problem. Has anybody
faced this situation as well? Could you please provide me with some
advice on how to get Axis working on my machine? Should I go for the
source distribution? Would it make a difference?

[1] http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/axis-c-win32-current-bin.zip
[2] http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html
[3] http://www.webservertalk.com/message323848.html

Thank you,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Putting the xerces-c_2_2_0.dll in the "PATH" should solve this step of the
problem.

sanjaya.
Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.

You also seem to have axis.jar missing from the classpath. classpath should
be something like:
set
classpath=%prereqs%\wsdl2ws.jar;%prereqs%\axis.jar;%prereqs%\commons-discovery.jar;.......

Regards

Andrew Perry
Clients for Web Service Stack
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

             Ney André de
             Mello Zunino
             <zunino@inf.ufsc.                                          To
             br>                       Apache AXIS C User List
                                       <ax...@ws.apache.org>
             12/10/2004 04:33                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2
              "Apache AXIS C
                User List"

sanjaya singharage wrote:

> Did you set the classpath to point to the axis java jars as instructed in
> the user guide?

Sorry, I forgot to include that information. But, yes I did; here are
contents of the classpath variable before running the command:

D:\Axis\lib\axis\zuncalc>echo %classpath%
D:\Axis\lib\axis\wsdl2ws.jar;D:\Axis\lib\axisjava\commons-discovery.jar;D:\Axis\lib\axisjava\commons-logging.jar;D:\Axis

\lib\axisjava\jaxrpc.jar;D:\Axis\lib\axisjava\saaj.jar;D:\Axis\lib\axisjava\wsdl4j.jar;D:\Axis\lib\axisjava\xml-apis.jar

Ney André de Mello Zunino
Graduando em Ciência da Computação
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by Ney André de Mello Zunino <zu...@inf.ufsc.br>.

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
--- Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> > And here is the command line I used (straight from the guide):
> >
> > Java -classpath %classpath%;.\wsdl2ws.jar
> > org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws Calculator.wsdl -o./ServerOut -lc++
> > -sserver
> >
> > Which produced the following error:

> > org/apache/axis/wsdl/symbolTable/TypeEntry
> >
> > Could anybody help me out?
> >

> It is very important that wsdl2ws.jar be first on the classpath,

John had given a temporary solution to this and the code is in CVS.
In case you are using the latest source from CVS, you do not have to bother.

Samisa...

http://vote.yahoo.com

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.

> And here is the command line I used (straight from the guide):
>
> Java -classpath %classpath%;.\wsdl2ws.jar
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WSDL2Ws Calculator.wsdl -o./ServerOut -lc++
> -sserver
>
> Which produced the following error:

> org/apache/axis/wsdl/symbolTable/TypeEntry
>
> Could anybody help me out?

It is very important that wsdl2ws.jar be first on the classpath, so if you

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by Ney André de Mello Zunino <zu...@inf.ufsc.br>.

[...]

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino <zu...@inf.ufsc.br> wrote:

> sanjaya singharage wrote:
>
> > How exactly did you start apache2?
> >
> > as apache -k start ?
> > If so try just try it as "apache" and see if the problem occurs. (you could
> > also try apache -X)
>
> Well, I was starting it with its default shortcut, which invokes:
>
> apache.exe -w -n "Apache2" -k start
>
> I tried starting it up as just "apache" and got an error saying that
> "xerces-c_2_2_0.dll was not found". I do have Xerces and its bin
> directory is in the path variable. However, the version I downloaded is
> the latest one, from Xerces' site: 2.6.0. I managed to find the old
> 2.2.0 version and am downloading it now. Could this be the solution to
> my problem? Why is Axis C++ still using an old (one year old) version of
> Xerces?

It is a good idea to try and update to latest Xerces.
May be we can write a seperate parser lib, witout replacing the existing 2.2.0 baed one, using
paser abstraction layer. (I am not sure existing xerces based xml lib would work with Xerces 2.6.0
as it is)

Samisa...

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by Ney André de Mello Zunino <zu...@inf.ufsc.br>.

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi,

I created a entry/issue in JIRA for this.

Roshan

Re: Axis C++ 1.3 with Apache2

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
<Location/axis> should be corrected as <Location /axis> (note the space).
This was corrected for the 1.3 release but the CVS should be changed.

sanjaya.

> 1.Can you check whether the following was given in httpd.conf
>
> LoadModule axis_module modules/AXISMODULE
> <Location/axis>
> SetHandler axis
> </Location>
>
> In this AXISMODULE has to be mod_axis.dll for apache 1.3.X or
> mod_axis2.dll for apache 2.X.
>
> 2. Check the paths that were given in axiscpp.conf is correct.Check all
> the paths even LogPath and WSDDFilePath
>
> 3. Check whether axiscpp.conf_win is renamed to axiscpp.conf
>
> 4. Check whether server.wsdd_win is renamed to server.wsdd.
>
> Try the above given instructions & if Apache 2 still doesn't start then
> install Apache 2 again.
>
> Regards
> Rangika
>

> Hello.
> >
> > I am having trouble setting up Axis C++ 1.3 to run with Apache2 2.0.52
> > on my WinXP SP2 box. I first downloaded the Windows binary distribution
> > of Axis 1.3 [1] and then carefully followed the Windows installation
> > guide [2]. However, when I try starting Apache, it will load and then
> > die without any error being displayed. I even tried running it from the
> > console while watching the task manager. I can see the Apache.exe
> > process popping up on the list, then disappearing.
> >
> > I tried searching for information, but all I found was an unanswered
> > question [3] from an individual with a similar problem. Has anybody
> > faced this situation as well? Could you please provide me with some
> > advice on how to get Axis working on my machine? Should I go for the
> > source distribution? Would it make a difference?
> >
> > [1] http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/axis-c-win32-current-bin.zip
> > [2] http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html
> > [3] http://www.webservertalk.com/message323848.html
> >
> > Thank you,