Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lakshman Srilakshmanan <la...@tradingpost.com.au> on 2006/08/16 10:14:28 UTC

ant dependency list

Hi All,

Going through the examples provided in "Developing Custom Maven Plugin"
in Better Builds with Maven, I find that example 5.4.2 (Notifying Other
Developers with an Ant Mojo) does not work. The error message is "Failed
to initialise MIME mail" which means that the ant mojo could not find
mail.jar and/or activation.jar.

I have included both the jar files in the maven-buildinfo-plugin pom.xml
and in the guinea-pig pom.xml to no avail. Do I have to pass the
maven.compile.classpath to the notify.mojos.xml. If yes, then could
someone please show me how. I know how to pass it to an external ant
build.xml file, but this ant mojo.xml file exists within the plugin.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks
Lakshman

Re: ant dependency list

Posted by Matt Brozowski <br...@opennms.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 4:14 AM, Lakshman Srilakshmanan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Going through the examples provided in "Developing Custom Maven
> Plugin"
> in Better Builds with Maven, I find that example 5.4.2 (Notifying
> Other
> Developers with an Ant Mojo) does not work. The error message is
> "Failed
> to initialise MIME mail" which means that the ant mojo could not find
> mail.jar and/or activation.jar.
>
> I have included both the jar files in the maven-buildinfo-plugin
> pom.xml
> and in the guinea-pig pom.xml to no avail. Do I have to pass the
> maven.compile.classpath to the notify.mojos.xml. If yes, then could
> someone please show me how. I know how to pass it to an external ant
> build.xml file, but this ant mojo.xml file exists within the plugin.

I recently ran into similar issues passing classpaths to ant ant-mojo
and it turns out there is not 'automatic' way to do it.

The classpath gets passed into and as a 'reference' to a List.  But
for it to be a classpath in needs to be an ant path.

I wrote a solution that works thought that you can look at:

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opennms/maven-plugins/trunk/opennms-
groovyc-plugin

What's really needed is a set of 'helper' tasks that can be used to
do what my script tasks do

Hope this helps.

Please email if you have any suggestions.  I would love to generalize
it to a set of helpers for ant-mojos.

Matt Brozowski

___
Matt Brozowski, OpenNMS Maintainer			Main:	+1 919 812 4984
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.					Fax:		+1 503 961 7746
Email: brozow@opennms.org					URL:	http://www.opennms.com