Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com> on 2002/06/06 17:39:33 UTC

CVS diff problem

I am getting pretty frustrated here.
I am trying to make a diff patch with winCVS v1.2
The procedure described below worked, bu I get an access error now.

I do a anoncvs login without any problems (I can do a checkout)
I select the directory that contains the distribution
I type "cvs diff -u" and press enter
This normally gives me a diff of the distribution
The only thing I get now is:

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

/home/cvspublic
: no such repository
cvs diff: authorization failed: server cvs.apache.org rejected access to
/home/cvspublic
  for user anoncvs
cvs diff: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

I have tried a lot of things including changing Internet connection and
rebooting several times.
Does anybody else have this authentication problem?

Bert

Re: CVS diff problem

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com>.
To my surprise setting th eoption to force Unix like LF solved the problem.
I'm not sure the result will be usable.  I mailed them to Steven for a check.

Bert