Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com> on 2012/03/28 16:15:13 UTC

MaxQueueSize for Executor and Tomcat 6

Are there any plans to backport r723889 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=723889,
Add the ability to configure a job queue size, and a timeout for how long we want to try to add something
to the queue.) to Tomcat 6?

Having the MaxQueueSize attribute available for executors in Tomcat 6 would be quite handy for me.

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: MaxQueueSize for Executor and Tomcat 6

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/3/28 Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com>:
> Are there any plans to backport r723889 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=723889,
> Add the ability to configure a job queue size, and a timeout for how long we want to try to add something
> to the queue.) to Tomcat 6?
>
> Having the MaxQueueSize attribute available for executors in Tomcat 6 would be quite handy for me.

I do not see anything obvious against backporting it.

If you really need it, I suggest you to create a patch against current
tc6.0.x code and attach it to a new Bugzilla issue.  Instructions are
at [1], but probably you already know them.

If the issue does not get devs' attention, feel free to ping on dev@ list.

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/bugreport.html#How_to_submit_patches_and_enhancement_requests

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko