Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Farrell <Ma...@emap.com> on 2002/02/06 11:25:03 UTC

Jetspeed iCalendar

Hi

I am interested in adding calendar functionality to my application, and the
best option i have found has been jetspeeds iCalendar implementation -

http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/icalendar.html

My question is has anyone had any experience with this implementation? the
current status of this project is that it no longer has visibility within
jakarta, and im worried that there will be issues using older projects that
will become deprecated within the jakarta project. my other concern is that
i would like to use this project along side my existing struts work and this
will involve a fair degree of work, as would an integration into the current
jetspeed implementation?

On the plus side the source code for this project seems well written and
documented, and it does compile on my machine.

So i would be interested in hearing if anyone has had experience of this
project and could offer me advice on  using this project? I would also be
interested in hearing about other options for calendar functionality using
java? I dont really need the full implementation of iCalendar anyway because
i am not writing a full groupware util. also i would be interested in an
example site runnign the above app?

Thanks in advance

martin

The information in this email is intended only for the addressee(s) named above.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emap plc and or its subsidiaries do not warrant that any attachments are free from
viruses or other defects and accept no liability for any losses resulting from
infected email transmissions.

Please note that any views expressed in this email may be those of the originator
and do not necessarily reflect those of this organisation.