Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Braber, Nico den" <Ni...@Getronics.com> on 2006/12/28 10:46:37 UTC

Axis2: int versus Integer

Hello,

I'm using a primitive type in my wsdl:

eg <xs:element name="numberID" type="xs:int" nillable="true"/>

After generating the code in Eclipse with adb databinding, I expect an
Integer and not an int Java type.

int has a default value of "0" and I like to have a null value for the
Integer object (so I can skip them in the SOAP message)

How can this be achieved with axis2 adb (it looks like axis1.4 generates
Integer for nillable types).

(same question for boolean type)

And if not what is an alternative for this (xmlbeans , castor..)

Thanks a lot,

Nico den Braber

Re: Axis2: int versus Integer

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
When you run wsdl2java please add "-d xmlbeans". That's the best
alternative for your problem.

thanks,
dims

Re: Axis2: int versus Integer

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Have you looked at InteropTest.wsdl?
<definitions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:tns="http://soapinterop.org/"
..

<!-- specifically there is a declaration for PositiveIntegers labelled -->
  <message name="echoPositiveIntegerRequest">
    <part name="inputPositiveInteger" type="xsd:positiveInteger"/>
  </message>
  <message name="echoPositiveIntegerResponse">
    <part name="return" type="xsd:positiveInteger"/>
  </message>

    <operation name="echoInteger" parameterOrder="inputInteger">
      <input message="tns:echoIntegerRequest"/>
      <output message="tns:echoIntegerResponse"/>
    </operation>
<!-- and substitute in the inputPositiveInteger declarations -->
    <operation name="echoPositiveInteger" parameterOrder="inputPositiveInteger">
      <input message="tns:echoPostiveIntegerRequest"/>
      <output message="tns:echoPositiveIntegerResponse"/>
    </operation>

then do Java2Wsdl *.wsdl
or
 Java2WsdlAntTask *.wsdl

and then take a look at EchoAttachment.java to make sure your new echoPositiveInteger datatype is accomodated inputParameter as well as returnType
and then apprise the attachdeploy.wsdd to return your new echoPositiveInteger type
<deployment ..
 <service ...
   <operation name="echo" returnType="ns1:DataHandler"?
     <parameter name="dh" type="ns1:DataHandler"/>
   </operation>
   <typeMapping qname="ns1:DataHandler"/>

then deploy your Service
java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient %* attachdeploy.wsdd

This is'nt by any stretch comprehensive
Anyone else?
M-
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire.