Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/27 16:41:06 UTC

Commissioning Task tracker

Hello,
I am using apache hadoop-1.0.3 version and i want to commission a task
tracker.
For this i have included a property mapred.hosts in mapred-site.xml and for
this property i have mentioned a file. In this file i have given the IP
address of a machine..

then i ran the command   "hadoop mradmin -refreshNodes"

Now what i see, when i am trying to run the task tracker on that machine,
it is throwing me an exception that task tracker is not allowed to
communicate with the job tracker...

I have used the newer property (mapred.jobtracker.hosts.filename) even this
was not helpful and more over this property is not recognized by the job
tracker.

Please advise me how to commission a task tracker

Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810

Re: Commissioning Task tracker

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thats fine..I have provided the file name as "include"

I have tried this also..but i am getting the same error

my xml files are as follows:

hdfs-site.xml
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>2</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.block.size</name>
    <value>1048576</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.hosts</name>
    <value>/usr/local/hadoop/conf/include</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.hosts.exclude</name>
    <value>/usr/local/hadoop/conf/exclude</value>
  </property>

</configuration>

mapred-site.xml
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
    <value>NameNode:54311</value>
  </property>

<!-- <property>
   <name>mapreduce.jobtracker.hosts.filename</name>
   <value>/usr/local/hadoop/conf/mapred.include</value>
  </property>-->
  <property>
     <name>mapred.hosts</name>
        <value>/usr/local/hadoop/conf/include</value>
        <final>true</final>
          </property>

</configuration>

My include file has the entry of the machine...

Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.