Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anthony Abby <an...@aplusdata.com> on 2003/01/31 01:09:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache/Mod_SSL Question

Perhaps this is a real stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.  I have
apache-1.3.26-6.1mdk and mod_ssl-2.8.10-5.1mdk installed on my Mandrake
9 server.  Two domains are running on the server just fine, but I'm
having trouble figuring out how to get ssl to work properly.

I can connect to https://10.10.10.2 just fine but if I try to connect to
https://www.domain.com I get an error (can't connect).  I've been
reading everything I can find, but I haven't been able to find any
documentation addressing how to configure ssl when apache/mod_ssl are
installed from rpm.  Not to mention I can't find anything that actually
tells me why ssl works when I connect via ip and not via fqdn.

Thanks for any ideas...