Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/07/07 11:34:46 UTC

Re: [Axis2]Plase Comment on http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-53 operations and WSA:action

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 11:42 +0600, Srinath Perera wrote:
> How does operations and WSA:action is supported in the WSDL1.1/WSDL 2.0 ?
>
> My understanding is more than one action for a operation is not
> supported by WSDL and if that is case we can just do with one Action.
> So I purpose
>
> <operation name="foo" action="bar" ...>
> </operation>
>
> thoughts?

Please see the WS-Addressing binding document:
	http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-wsdl-20050413/

Sanjiva.

Re: [Axis2]Plase Comment on http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-53 operations and WSA:action

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

The action URI's mentioned in the original description of AXIS2-53 are
from the WS-Trust spec and they are for different BINDINGS. Where the
same RequestSecurityToken operation is being used in different
wsdl:bindings. And we will not have to specify those action values in
the service.xml w.r.t. an operation, since we have the Web Services
Addressing 1.0 - WSDL Binding [1] according to which the information
can be made available in the wsdl.

BUT....

Section "3.1 Explicit Association" from [1] says that in the case of
WSDL 1.1, "wsa:Action" attributes are associated with the operation in
the context of the "wsdl:portType". If that is the case how can we
specify the different wsa:Action values for different "bindings "

I think we should have the wsa:Action attributes associated with the
wsdl:input and wsdl:output elements of each of the wsdl:operation
elements in a wsdl:binding element.

Example:

Note that the same wsdl:portType (SecurityTokenService) is used in
both bindings and the wsa:Actions used are different.

<wsdl:definitions

        targetNamespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/wsdl"

        xmlns:tns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/wsdl"

        xmlns:wst="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust"

		xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/">

  <wsdl:portType name="SecurityTokenService">

	<wsdl:operation name="RequestSecurityToken">

	  <wsdl:input message="tns:RequestSecurityTokenMsg"/>

	  <wsdl:output message="tns:RequestSecurityTokenResponseMsg"/>

	</wsdl:operation>

	<wsdl:operation name="RequestSecurityToken2">

	  <wsdl:input message="tns:RequestSecurityTokenMsg"/>

	  <wsdl:output

		  message="tns:RequestSecurityTokenResponseCollectionMsg"/>

	</wsdl:operation>

  </wsdl:portType>

	<wsdl:binding name="SecurityTokenServiceIssuanceBinding"
type="tns:SecurityTokenService">
		<soap:binding style="document"
		<wsdl:operation name="RequestSecurityToken">
			<soap:operation soapAction="#RST"/>
			<wsdl:input wsa:Action="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/Issue">
				<soap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output
wsa:Action="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RSTR/Issue">
				<soap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:binding>

	<wsdl:binding name="SecurityTokenServiceValidationBinding"
type="tns:SecurityTokenService">
		<soap:binding style="document"
		<wsdl:operation name="RequestSecurityToken">
			<soap:operation soapAction="#RST"/>
			<wsdl:input wsa:Action="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/Validate">
				<soap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output
wsa:Action="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust/RST/Validate">
				<soap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:binding>

<wsdl:definitions>

Please correct me if I have missed something :-)

Ref:
1.) Web Services Addressing 1.0 - WSDL Binding
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-wsdl-20050413/#actioninwsdl

Best Regards
Ruchith

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Srinath
WSA action will come as a extensibility element so don't think you ll find
the method you are looking for. It will be a namesapace qualified piece of
xml sticked in the right Component(Binding operation ) and the WOM treat
them as Extensibility elements. But we can provide a convenience API at a
higher layer. We do this already to retrieve the SOAP Action. Don't think
such method should go into WOM, since its inconsistent with the WSDL 2.0
component model API. Rather such convenience API would suit much better in
our descriptor classes.

Thanks

Chathura

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.